sábado

The end of Aruba











So here is the end of Aruba. It was a month ago now and it has taken me a month to finish blogging our travels! The last two days of the trip was the most relaxing. We ate tons of ice cream, fish and hit the beach into the late nights and during the early mornings. The pictures above are the views that closed Arubian journey. One photo that we didn't take was our final snorkeling at our beach, eagle beach. Here is the "funny" story. So we were swimming and enjoying the water...happy for the fact that we have made it so far without any cancer causing burns!!! We came white and as Jilly noted, "Came back as white as ever". Well...we did get burned-here is the story. Nick is far out in the water and sudden he yells, "Where is it? Oh no...I lost it. Jenn I lost my wedding ring!" Panic! I have to say I was a bit upset...wedding ring, I bought him his ring and now it is in the ocean! So I run out of the water full speed to get our snorkeling gear back at the hotel. As I am coming back I look at the horizon and out of no where this horrid looking brown bird is circling where Nick is standing. He comes out to meet me and to put the snorkeling gear on. Then we see this horrible brown pelican dive into the water...right where Nick was standing...he comes out with something bright...WHAT!!! The only time we see a bird during the whole week on this beach, this bird is a thief of wedding symbols! I then progress towards anger at this point and all of it was directed towards the bird-which Nick was thankful for. But he was not convinced that the bird eat and run bird actually made off with his ring in his mouth...so we spent hours snorkeling, looking for this ring. No luck, all we got in return is a sunburned back. So for the rest of the trip, as far as anyone could tell I was a married women on a trip to Aruba with my boyfriend...That was a low of the trip. A high of the trip happen at the end. We left Aruba, arrived in Miami and had to sleep there-NOT FUN-we decided to stay up and make a late night-all night-party with tons of junk food and cards. We really couldn't sleep even if we had wanted to because the announcements of "Welcome to Miami-Blah, Blah, Blah" and "Make sure to keep your luggage with you at all time" would come on EVERY 15 minutes-no matter the hour. We get this awesome txt from Jill, "we want to make you dinner" This was the best news! And by the time she and Stanley picked us up the next day, our sleep deprived junk food sick bodies were in need of some wholesome food. They were angels, with shrimp pasta, fruit salad and veggies, it was honestly the perfect ending of a great trip. I think I'll go on more trips if I knew they would end this way!

5 comentários:

Kelly disse...

Well that was very enjoyable reading! What a fun trip! Thanks for sharing. Kelly

Beck disse...

Beautiful! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Jessica Waite disse...

Yeah, the whole trip is posted. I truly am so jealous. You are so funny -a junk food all-nighter, you crazies. You would. Anyway, hope to see you guys soon! Love ya!

Charis disse...

My sister lost her wedding ring and her credit card replaced it, it has some sort of insurance for lost jewlery, she didn't even have to buy the wedding ring with the credit card. . . maybe check into it.

Adrienne Dimond disse...

Wow, jealous of all your travels. Thanks for your link. Mine is adriennehale.blogspot.com

Love you!