quinta-feira

Aruba- DAY 5

Me dancing...followed by the dancers and our adventures in the capital Orangstad










So we hit the capital of Aruba-the whole day. Which according to the book we had purchased about Aruba, we would just about fit everything in. Well this book was wrong on two accounts; one, the museums (all three of them)were not actually free-which we were planning on, two, because they were not free we didn't end up seeing them so we were done with the whole city by 3. We had an evening dance performance at 7 in the city so we were stuck there...waiting. Let me describe the town...beautiful dutch buildings everywhere...and the buildings were filled with either three things-clothing,restaurants or jewelry. The most common was jewelry...I have never seen so many jewelry stores in all my life!!!Row after row, street after street-and they were filled. We popped into one to see if it was like china where the jewelry was a bit cheaper than the USA, but that was not the case. We must be so out of place here...I didn't connect Aruba and dropping 10k-I really don't connect anything with that amount of money, but the other tourist seemed to. So we went to make our own adventure. We went to every statue and historical marking in the city, plus the port and beach...it was a beautiful city, right in the beach. So we hung-out and walked in the highest degree weather Aruba has had all year. Nick found a friend in the city-a man that spoke his favorite language-Portuguese. The man was from Portugal, and they talked for a while as we ducked out of a sudden down pour(rare and random-but at least it cooled things off a bit) As they talked I was reintroduced to the best ice-cream...Italian! Love it!!! I think after that first one, we had one or two a night the rest of the trip-I was hooked!!! So then came the dancing-what a blast! We had two great groups of dancers and a wonderful band-the worst part was the singers...I won't go into it but they were worst then drunken karaoke singer that might be considered deaf. They were half the show and there went half the audience as well...but we stuck it through to the end...carnival dancing!! I was brought up on stage and dance the rest of the night. Reminded me of Ecuador where I never slept at night but hit the dance clubs until morn! It was a perfect ending to a fun-though long-day!! I love dancing with my husband to a Latin beat!! This was one of my highlights of the whole trip.

2 comentários:

Beck disse...

Oh! Just seeing you on video makes me miss you more. Isn't that sad? Sorry you were trapped for an entire day. :( But day 4 looks so fun and beautiful. :)

PBJKLI Ussery disse...

How exciting!! What a great trip! I'm a teensy bit envious... we have yet to take a trip that doesn't involve visiting family. I guess that's okay, but reading your stories and seeing your pictures makes me want to blow our savings, pack our bags, and run to Brasil for a week or maybe 2. Want to come? Okay, back to reality. How are you guys? Is life treating you well... obviously during this trip is was amazing, but in general, I mean. We think of you often. If you ever have a desire or excuse to visit Eugene, we would love to host your visit!!! We love you guys!

Love, Brooklynn (and family)

p.s. this is random, but Nick, do you remember the name of the choir director in the CTM? She gave this incredible talk in R.S. one week and I would love to get in touch with her, but can't even recall her name... do you?