quinta-feira

Aruba- Day 4







So here we come to our hiking adventure. We figure that the island is only 70 square miles in its whole area...walking should be no problem...we are both healthy...so bring on the hot, humid, rays of sun against our ivory skins!!! We have hats! So we take the bus as far north as they would take us. Then we got off, asking where north was and headed in that direction. It was not hard to find the way because there were tour buses, and jeeps all heading to the same destination. All of which passed us...as we leaked our final ounces if fluid...seeming to laugh as they passed, moving up dust which mixed well with our sweat. We must have been a sight...a determined sight. Where were we all heading to? Up a steep couple mile long hill to the most northern part of the island...the California light house. It was one of the main sites on the island (as you can guess there is not much to see on land)But in the end we made it!!! The view from the light house has better then the light house itself-we couldn't even go in and check out the lighthouse. You could see for miles!! The whole island and then some. It was a pretty romantic spot being on top of this Caribbean world. It was great to share it with each other...and be the only ones who were crazy enough to walk there. So then we walked back down...the best part was that it was DOWN!!! It went far faster on the way down...and we stopped at a famous beach that was known for snorkeling! We had gotten each other for mother/fathers day snorkeling gear and now came the moment to use it. I was nervous so I made Nick go in first to make sure it was safe...as a loving wife always does. It was a blast!!! I faced my fear and saw a whole new world!! Fish were everywhere, and of all sizes and colors. They swam right by me, as if I was not even there! We spent hours of cooling down free water fun. Nick said that this was one of the high lights of the whole trip. If you have not had the eye opening experience of snorkeling, take the opportunity when it arrives, for it will be moments that you will not soon forget! It was like...I was floating, looking down on a world I hardly understood, but enjoyed its wonder and new discoveries-eating, fighting, traveling-they all had something important to do or to get done-it was amazing! Then we headed back, all wet and sandy, to our hotel for a homemade meal on our balcony. We watched the sunset and were calmed by the day as a whole and the fact we shared it with one another. I really could get use to this. Day four was a success!

Um comentário:

Jessica Waite disse...

I am so jealous of you! It sounds like you guys hada blast!! Patxi and I are even having a hard time going camping with Valin because it woould be such a hassle. Boy, am I jealous.