segunda-feira

I love the mountains


So I finally felt it. I am finally understanding what others mean! I finally love the mountains. It has taken me such a long time to fully see them...to not feel trapped by them...and to realize their beauty. When Nick and I were driving we saw the sun rise...and not just in a "driving-glance-too-busy" look, but I really saw them. As I looked at the pinks, oranges, yellows and blues swirling and bursting against clouds and...silhouetted by these mountains...huge and magnificent plate created land forms that were wondrous and making me wish I had these as a view from my condo. I fell in love this morning. It was that simple and that fast. We are surrounded by them...and for the first time I feel lucky about it. Sure it traps in pollution that will affect me in some way in the future...but they are mountains-ROCKY MOUNTAINS! I can't wait to go camping in them this weekend-I feel like hiking and singing! In any case, I love the mountains and count them as a blessing. I still miss my beautiful Midwestern up-bring-but this desert mountain terrain I can get use to.

5 comentários:

Unknown disse...

Hey sister- What's your email address so I can send you an invite to the blog...

Emily disse...

Horray! I'm so glad that you finally fell in love with the mountains. I miss them sorely and feel so exposed in Kansas. Have fun camping and escaping the heat!

Adrienne Dimond disse...

so where are you camping? I love the mountains too even though I miss the water in Hawaii!!

Beck disse...

Beautiful! I miss the "real" mountains. All we have are hills posing as posing as mountains. Sad. :(

Charis disse...

I am glad that you enjoy them. I do not know how to get around without them. . . I get so confused about what direction is what if there are no mountains. I love that you can see both a sunrise and a sunset, because the mountains are so tall, I love that you can find a break from the heat on the hotest of days in the mountains, I love hiking and camping, I love the sounds of the rivers in the mountains, I love snow shoeing in the mountains, I love everything about the mountains. So glad that you could share that.