Thanks everyone for the words of advise, comfort and prayers. It helped...in ten days I would be refunded all stolen money. I was there for two hours and some minutes shorting everything out. I pulled out the red-headed dragon...and made sure everything got done, in my presence...no more promises of "We'll make sure this happens." Nope...I said "I will not leave until it happens" So by the end of the month I will have my last check from work deposited into the account and this it is goodbye cooperate bank and hello credit union...or something like that.
But I must say I had a wonderful Saturday...though there are no pictures from the events, I felt like I went all over the world. I went and walked a bit for the walk for autism event. Then I went to a beautiful baptism. It was a little Samoa boy, PJ. What a powerful hour. Talks and testimonies were given...tears and the spirit were shed. The singing was outstanding...and so were the homemade meal afterwards. I told Nick we should move to Samoa, the love, and culture could be something I would like to get use to. Then came the African event. I was asked to do face painting for a "All Africa" event. With authentic tribal dances, food and drumming...I was taken to a new place. Did I stick out like a sore thumb! For one, I was wearing jeans. And watch out for their drinks! I thought something was a type of ginger juice...the ladies rushed to my side as I poured my cup, trying to stop me. In broken English they said, "This is too strong for little you...this is spicy...for the men" Well...when they called me "little one" and that it was "just for men"...I had to prove them wrong...it came with the meal anyway-get your moneys worth, right? Lets just say I gulped it down and smiled at the ladies. As I turned to leave, then came the tears! It was hot! Now...there was no alcohol, I was assured before I tried the drink...no need for a bishop interview, but it was pure ginger and mint it tasted like ginger on fire! and...wow...that's all I can say...wow. So all in all...it was a wonderful day!
6 comentários:
Oh Jen, sometimes you are so much like me it cracks me up!
I'm so happy that you got all your banking problems sorted out! What a headache!
I can so see you doing that! You just made me smile. :)
yeah, banks are no good, stick with the credit unions, I quite like america first. I quite like the fact that you are always up to the challenge. I too would have said, "too strong!?! what ever," gone ahead and drank the stuff, and thenk probably kicked myself later!
you go girl!
You make me laugh! Of course you drank the whole thing. How did you get involed with the African night, you work at a Greek school? I'm glad you had a good day! Love ya and see you this weekend!
Postar um comentário