quinta-feira
Watch what you say.
So I am learning a lot of lessons while I teach these five-year-olds. Patience is the number one lesson, and is a daily test. This is something that happen today that I just have to write about. I have a form of punishment...lets say consequence, that sounds better, that I use in class. It's been around a long time and is a classic...the corner. The deal is, if they can not have respect for me, their classmates and themselves, they get two warnings and then on the third warning they have to separate themselves from the class. They can still listen, but they can not talk or participate. It works. So there was a couple of kids that would not stop talking...and I said this(names have been changed to protect the innocence), "Sue and Bill this is warning number three. You know better then to talk...I think I have to separate you...go to the corner." Well five minutes later, maybe ten, Bill starts calling my name, "Mrs. Jenn, Mrs. Jenn" and he sounded really worried and scared...I asked him what is the matter and with tears in his eyes he asked me form the corner, "Mrs. Jenn what does separate mean?" Oh it just broke my heart, and it was so funny to think about, because this poor boy had no idea what it meant, he thought it was something awful. I just assumed he knew what it was. So watch your words and make sure you're not just understood, but that you're not misunderstood.
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)
2 comentários:
That is a great lesson!! I love it! we sure miss you guys!!
I have to be so careful what I say, Just around Kelty. She imitates me ALL of the time, good or bad. Kids can definately try the patience.
We need to get together with you guys again. Life has been CRAZY but things should calm down in the next month.
Postar um comentário