Life...don't we love it. So from unemployment to miscarriages, and from being a new Aunt to having a new dear friend...life-or something like it-is full of ups and downs, full of moments that make you want to scream in tears or laugh right out loud. These up and downs just happen over and over...sometimes just in a week. The quote that comes to mind was said by Elder Wirthlin's mother, "Come what may...and love it". So having said that...I feel like moving to a light and humorous note. Monday morning, during our good news in kindergarten class I decided to share some wonderful news. I told that class I have awesome news and I can't wait to tell them about it. All eyes were on me, waiting to hear the exciting news form their teacher. I smiles-enjoying the moment and then shouted, "I'm an Aunt!" blank stares...just blank stares and then confused looks. "Mrs. Jenn...your an ant?" I laughted right out loud!! "No not an ant that you step on...not the insect kind the kind that you are...a thia (aunt in greek-though not spelled correctly) Those students who didn't know greek were really confused...one even asked it I was a grandma...but that good news ended really quickly. I felt like a stand-up whose joke just bombed. I never heard them so quiet.
terça-feira
When it rains it pours!!
Life...don't we love it. So from unemployment to miscarriages, and from being a new Aunt to having a new dear friend...life-or something like it-is full of ups and downs, full of moments that make you want to scream in tears or laugh right out loud. These up and downs just happen over and over...sometimes just in a week. The quote that comes to mind was said by Elder Wirthlin's mother, "Come what may...and love it". So having said that...I feel like moving to a light and humorous note. Monday morning, during our good news in kindergarten class I decided to share some wonderful news. I told that class I have awesome news and I can't wait to tell them about it. All eyes were on me, waiting to hear the exciting news form their teacher. I smiles-enjoying the moment and then shouted, "I'm an Aunt!" blank stares...just blank stares and then confused looks. "Mrs. Jenn...your an ant?" I laughted right out loud!! "No not an ant that you step on...not the insect kind the kind that you are...a thia (aunt in greek-though not spelled correctly) Those students who didn't know greek were really confused...one even asked it I was a grandma...but that good news ended really quickly. I felt like a stand-up whose joke just bombed. I never heard them so quiet.
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)
4 comentários:
uh...miscarriages??? You need to call me!!
Um, Jen? We need to chat sometime! I miss you. I want to know a little more about what is going on in your life.
OK, So here i have been, complaining about my life, and you haven't mentioned anything like this. . . a misscarriage. . . um, dear. . oh ps. . . we had a couple people calling her tonight looking for you. . . did you get found? i thought your aunt story was good it made me smile. love you tons. . . come visit
Wow, sounds like things really have been crazy. You are such a great example! What a great attitude. I need to be more like you! I hope everything is really ok. We also need to get together with you guys when life isn't so crazy.
Postar um comentário